Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech University Discussion

Given the tragic events that took place on the Virginia Tech campus yesterday, I have to wonder what could have possibly gone through that boys mind to make him want to inflict so much pain and loss on so many people.

As a teen, I was bullied and I can understand the mindset that makes you wish your bullies harm. I've even had my heart broken and for a few days, I'd wish the heart breaker death. But I never acted on it. In fact, I never gave it much more then a thought. Verbal screaming of obscenities lashing out in pain was just about as far as it got.

What so many people don't realize is that there are very few conditions of the mind that can't be treated now.

If you're having horrible thoughts of harming yourself or others, see a doctor. There are medications that will treat that and will make life seem more livable again.

I'd like to open this thread up to anyone who would like to share their thoughts.

0 are talkin':