Friday, September 22, 2006

Free Forums for Blogs

My friend Angela introduced me to this message board where you can create free polls and link back to them as much as you'd like. Angela has created a poll for each of her blogs so that she can get feedback from her readers which is a brilliant idea to find out what appeals to the audience of each.

I would love it if you would check it out and let me know what you think.  I'm thinking of creating forums for each of my blogs as well.  I think it's a great resource to help bring the blogosphere a little closer and to help focus on topics that are of most interest.

I agree with Angela in that sometimes blogs need forums because so often readers want to talk about things that are not necessarily post related - you know how a post on a hurricane can end up being about Bush and his latest vacation?  Well here's a great place to allow the conversation to take it's not-so-natural direction without confusing the whole blogosphere.

While readers can't start a new thread on your blog they sure can start one if there is a forum to coincide with that particular blog. So over on this Zero Jooce Buzz forum you can contact the site owner and ask to have a forum made for your blog. I'm not sure but I think they are taking the first five bloggers that make a request to see how it works out.  So you should make your request pronto to make sure your space is one of the first to try this new concept.

I think it's a great idea. If you decide to have them create a forum for you, you will be made the moderator of your own forum. This also works out if you are super busy and low on funds for forum hosting.

This makes a GREAT addition to those utilizing the free blogging services such as blogger that don't offer a forums feature.

I'm going to sign up for my own, but in my excitement about this option - I decided to let others in on this little tip too!

Let me know what you think!  K?

Technorati Tags : , , , ,

0 are talkin':